Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Grannys

"So much yarn and so little time." I'm pretty sure I've said these words a thousand times before.

Since I'm always crocheting and designing new patterns, I feel like I have to take a break from counting and writing every now and then and just crochet to crochet. Granny squares are always a way to slow down, relax and use up some of that yarn stash. Because their small and portable you can always pick them up and take them with you or work on them for awhile and them put them away for a rainy day.  I store my squares in clear plastic totes along with a little note telling me what yarns and hook size I used so that when I pick them up again I'll be able to get right back to crocheting.  I've had these stored for a while and picked them up last week, now I'm in love with them again and my hook has been flying. Maybe they will be a blanket so day, or for now they could be a table runner. (of course I wouldn't use it with my Halloween decos, but you know what I mean). Oh grannys, so many possibilities.

I saw the cutest tree skirt made with granny squares last week, maybe that will be in the works soon as well.






1 comment:

  1. I totally know what you mean. I love doing your patterns and look forward to all the cuties your make,but your so right about grannies ! I love them to and they are very relaxing

    ReplyDelete